Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Where does the time go?!

Last week I realized all at once that I really need to get my act together this semester, as it's reaching the real take-off point. In part because I've had so many days off for assorted holidays, and in part because I'm just zoning out a bit this year, I can't believe that it's already almost a month since the semester started! But midterms start next week and classes are suddenly much more serious.

Other obligations are piling up as well. Tomorrow I have to meet my advisor about my opportunities fund application, due next week, and meet my mentor from the Hunter Mentoring Program. I'm spending a good 3 or 4 hours in the lab every afternoon, and I realized that that is where my energy should really be going; not to put down classes, but there's so much to get out of the lab and it's entirely proportional to how much I put in. Luckily my classes seem to be going pretty well. My 300 level German class, initially so intimidating, is really quite fun now that I'm getting the hang of it, and listening to German radio plays then discussing them (in German, of course) with classmates have proven to be an excellent way to improving my real world language skills, which was exactly what I wanted. My ethics class has started having short pop-quiz writing assignments, and although I always feel like I bombed them at the time they keep coming back with A's which is very nice, and my professor told me today that my draft of an essay for that class is pretty much fine to submit as it is, which is great news since it was due in between my calculus and statistics midterms next week.

I've now been on campus for over 4 hours already today, the first 1 and a half or so in class and the rest in the library... it's definitely time to go outside and get some air, food, and coffee before my next class!


Celine

No comments:

Post a Comment