So sorry for the lack of posts (I can't believe it's been exactly a month since I first posted). It's been hard for me to function as a responsible, studious college student because all I want to do is curl up in bed and nap between watching Netflix and Youtube videos. But you know, life happens, so.
Besides my sad attempts at becoming a functioning adult, I've been caught up in midterm season, as I'm sure all of you are as well. Thankfully, I only have two tests--one was yesterday, while the last one is next week). That German Fairy Tales midterm was not as scary as I imagined it to be...
Quick plug for German Fairy Tales! The class is fun, there's nothing too stressful, and Professor Zimmerman is great, so anyone who has room for it in their schedule should take it! (I think it's only available in the fall, though.) Just one warning: prepare to have your childhoods ruined...
But anyway, I just thought I'd share a couple of things I learned in the two months since I started college:
- Zabar Art Library is great for napping (and studying too, I guess)
- Elim's and Hale and Hearty are my favorite places to eat (and they're right next to each other too!)
- Never forget your headphones at home: you never know when class will end early, and you need some Netflix between classes
- If you don't take your hair out of the shower drain, IT WILL FLOOD and it will be gross. Don't do that.
- Planning out your schedule weeks before they even announce the enrollment dates makes you feel very accomplished (I also made an alternate one, just in case)
- Meeting up with friends for lunch / breaks is a great way to stay connected, especially if you don't have any classes together
So yeah, I'm sure that list will get much longer as time goes on. I'll be posting more regularly from now on, I promise!
Good luck to everyone on their midterm tests/papers/projects!!