Sunday, September 26, 2010

It's that time of the year again...

It has been a very, very, very long time since I have last blogged. I regret not having done it not just for the sake of the blog but because sharing your experiences with others is a wonderful thing and very helpful to both the one reading and the one writing. But, alas, I am finally back and there is sooo much to talk about. Thus, I will have to make this post a short one and, after Tuesday, finish my story.

It is indeed that time of the year again. It is late September, almost October, and this is when things seems to get hectic for me. First assignments and papers are due, the weather is changing from summer to fall, and the allergies are horrible. I really wish it was early November already, not only because my 21st birthday is on the 8th but because I am tired of the hot and erratic weather. But I will also be quite satisfied after Tuesday, which is the day my last assignments for about a month (except one) are due. I can't wait to have a little more free time and the ability to do some more volunteering and artwork. I will also have the opportunity to get the Sociology Club off the ground and go through the long process of making it an official club. I can focus on ambassadoring for Macaulay and oh, I need to find another job so I can make more money. Thank God I am only taking four classes this semester because on top of the things I just listed, I also have an internship where I work 15 hours per week. It is paid too! I am an apprentice museum educator at the Rubin Museum of art on West 17th Street between 6th and 7th Avenues. So far I love it and I will be sure to describe what I do more in detail later on this week! I will also talk more about my classes.

On to something a little more exciting, I am really looking forward to buying fudge pops to put in my freezer and a beautiful (and really cheap!) pumpkin from Trader Joes on Wednesday after I get off work at 6:30. I am ready to usher in the fall although I know that fudge pops aren't really the best way to do it. I just have this weird custom of eating fudge pops in the fall and not in the summer. They taste better that way. Trust me! =)

I must be off to write a paper now but I will be back on Tuesday or Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment