Monday, September 13, 2010

Very Briefly

My day went fine today, until I got caught in the rain on my walk home. The sun was shining until I stepped out of the 28th Street exit, then BOOM - Thunderstorm. And me with no umbrella. Le sigh. It happens more than I'm happy to admit.

That simply meant Ramen Noodles and an hour and a half nap, from which I just woke up, before banging out a few assignments tonight. I wish there was a way to handily tote around an umbrella all the time, just in case.

Now onto my 3rd coffee today and some African American literature: today's author, Charles Chesnutt, one of the first black authors to be published post Emancipation. Read some of his short stories if you get a chance! They really speak to the issue of commoditizing human beings and the longstanding repercussions thereof.

- Katharine

No comments:

Post a Comment