Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Week that Barely Was

Of the seven days that made up this past week, I've only spent two of them in classes. But that didn't make the week seem less complete.

I spent Labor Day resting and doing the classwork that I would otherwise be doing this week. I also attended a Moth Storytelling Slam with about a dozen people from the dorm in the evening. It struck me as both a "New York" and "college-like" experience. It was fun. I would recommend story slams to anyone with an interest in how people live and communicate.

To be honest, things have started really slow in terms of school work. It's all good, though. I like being on top of things and I like my classes as of right now. Taking advantage of the early registration available to Macaulay Honors students was a VERY good idea. Both the timing of my classes and my teachers couldn't be much better.

I went back to LI on Wednesday after attending a freshman group meeting with Adrienne, my adviser. I was pleased with how simple it was taking that train back to where I live. I started the Jewish New Year on a high note with my family and celebrated two birthdays this weekend. Although I was not in New York City, I did reflect about this 9/11 anniversary. I am sure though that the thoughts of millions went out to those who lost their lives or took ill due to the tragedy and their families.

Tomorrow, I will go back to the dorms. It hasn't been my home for long but I can't wait to get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment