Saturday, September 18, 2010

CAKE and Deutsch

Freaking amazing to sleep until 11 today - I have to be up by 7 or so every day during the week.

This week was actually pretty cool. At my internship, they handed me a German novel that they're possibly interested in translating and said "read it, tell us if it's good." So I'm about 1/3 through it, and it's pretty entertaining, though I'm not sure it's right for an American audience. It's a book written in German that takes place in Venice, so it's quite sexy. And very explicit about said sexiness. But there are really beautiful descriptions of ice cream and first, non-sexual love in it. I like it.

Also, I saw CAKE on Thursday night in Central Park with my friend John (the tickets were his birthday present from me.) Outdoor concerts in the rain are pretty awesome, and they played two amazing sets. They gave away a tree. This is a clip of them playing live, but not at the concert I attended. But everyone needs some CAKE in their lives. On Friday, I'm one of the privelaged who get to see the Pavement reunion concert. YES!

Beautiful weekend, all,

Katharine

No comments:

Post a Comment