Sunday, September 19, 2010

On my way to being an adult

Last week has been rough for me. I was volunteering when my backpack got stolen. It had everything in there: laptop, phone, wallet, miscellaneous clothing. I had to think about all the phone calls I needed to make. First, I had to report it to the authorities. Then, I had to cancel/reapply for cards. There are so many things to take care of and it was my responsibility to do it all. Now that I'm in college, I'm supposed to a responsible adult and all, but that's not how it went down.

My mom actually came to visit me that night. She brought over some food and talked to me. It was so nice to have her around on a bad day. It made me feel like a kid again. Having my mom pick up the pieces and assure me that everything will turn out alright, even if it doesn't. I guess I still have a few more years until I can call myself an adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment