Friday, November 20, 2009

Homeward Bound...

...in an hour or so. I'm shockingly excited - I'm really thankful for a temporary reprieve from the city and dorms so I can get work done and spend time with my family. I really, really, really miss my parents. I think I'm cooking soup tonight for them.

Last weekend was my 19th birthday! On the Friday, a rather large group of us hit Big Daddy's, on Park avenue by the dorm, and I had a pretty decent French Dip sandwich (although nothing beats L.A.'s Phillipe's, just like no NYC fast food beats IN-N-OUT). Afterwards we hit Yoshi Sushi, our typical haunt, on Avenue A between 8th and 9th. Or maybe it's between 7th and 8th. I don't know.

Am meinem Geburstag, der Samstag war, sind ich und fünf Freundinnen ins ein Deutsch Restaurant, das Rolf's heißt, gegangen. Es war ein bißchen teuer, aber es war sehr wünderbar! Die Spätzle waren fast gut als meine Mutters, aber die Rösti waren ganz appetitlich! (Ich hoffe, das jemand diesen Paragraf lesen kann.)


Work has picked up this week - I spent 6 hours on Wednesday/Thursday working on a CHC project, and I have an immense amount of reading to do. I'm also giving a presentation on Persuasion on Monday, and I need to do a lot of planning.

Betsy is out of office, and I think work will be a lot less fun without her =(

Bis zum nächsten Mal,

Katharine

P.S. You're Welcome

3 comments:

  1. I have a general question about the dorms at Macaulay, two questions actually. one, how far away are the dorms from the campus, and two, do the dorms have stoves so you could cook?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dorms are on 25th and 1st, the campus is on 68th and lex. The 6 train is on 23rd and park and 28th and park. It's about a 10-15 minute walk to the train, depending on your walking speed, and a 10 minute train ride, depending on the MTA's willingness to comply with consumer expectations. It generally takes me 25 minutes to get to Hunter, but it's taken me up to 40.

    There's a kitchen on every floor with a stove (electric, unfortuantely, but you make do), so you can definitely cook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ich kann den Paragraph lesen, aber ich bin nicht so gut wie Du. Vielleicht es ist so, weil ich kein H.P. und der Stein der Weisen habe. Ich soll ein holen...

    ReplyDelete