Tuesday, September 25, 2012

socially awkward penguin

Things my advisor has encouraged me to do before October 3rd:

  • Contact whomever's in charge of tango (haha, me and my awkward dancing everywhere, yeah right)
  • Contact whomever's in charge of Quidditch, although she told that I should wait for an e-mail instead?
  • Go to a Dumbledore's Army meeting (side note: my advisor spelled it as "Dumble doors" and I laughed for a good two minutes)
  • Talk to my peer mentor about a charades tournament thing
  • Invite someone from my ~commuter group~ for coffee or something

Things I have actually done:

  • ...
  • yeah, nothing.

Ah, the plight of a commuter Macaulay student :(

Someone tell me I'm not the only commuter who basically turns into SOCIALLY AWKWARD PENGUIN when around other Macaulay people.


Me.

» emjay

5 comments:

  1. Hey, what does Dumbledore's Army do and when do they meet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, from what my peer mentor told me, they actually DO try to talk about things in Harry Potter (e.g. Dark imagery in the books, alchemy, etc.), but half of it is just like, everyone discussing other fandoms, haha. There was one time when the whole group did a fantasy tournament thing, à la fantasy sports, and they'd pit fandoms against each other trying to judge who would win in a battle. So yeah, basically a fandom dork's heaven! I believe they meet 1-3 on Tuesdays and 3-5 on Wednesdays in TH 307, but you might want to check the door in case I got those times wrong.

      Oh, and you actually do get sorted at your third appearance, but it's random; I think they just pick out of a hat. And yes, House competition actually does happen!

      That said, I so far have not been to any meetings; I can't go on Wednesdays because DEVELOPMENT OF DANCE WITH DONNA! (bah), and we haven't had school for the last two Tuesdays, whoops.

      Delete
    2. Oh my god, that actually sounds amazing and I want to go really badly now. Plus, I have to get involved in clubs before my meeting with my counselor and that sounds like just my thing. This Tuesday would be the first time we could both go because of DANCE HISTORY CLASS (ugh), so I guess I'll see you there!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there. I'm a sophomore at Macaulay Hunter, and I am also a commuter so I feel your pain. lol. It's going to get better though. You're going to meet Macaulay people during seminar classes and at the freshmen events. You can also always go hang out at the dorms.
    So don't worry!! haha

    ReplyDelete