Friday, October 1, 2010

rain days. malaise.

I hate the rain. I joke around that I "melt in the rain" (nothing like a good wizard of oz reference) but I seriously hate the rain more than almost anything. maybe it's because I was a cat in another life (ask all my friends, I meow) and cats, of course, hate the rain & water but whatever the reason, I feel lethargic, insatiably hungry, cold and kind of sad whenever it's raining. so, pulling myself out of bed this morning at 8:30am was not fun. at all.

luckily it was my polisci class and the group was smaller than usual (I guess other people had problems venturing out into the rain also...) so it was a good discussion group. funny as always, interesting and the hour and 15 minutes flew by. so, that was nice.

being that I hate the rain, I did not go to the gym after class. nope, instead I went back to the dorms, sat on my bed and watched 30 rock while eating pretzels. such yums.

not too much work for the weekend which is very, very nice. not like there's a lot planned for the weekend socially, but it's always nice to be able to relax. going to stop procrastinating this mhc review that I should write about a youth concert performance we saw...2 weeks ago. going to get ahead in psych and begin on chapter 5 even though we haven't yet finished the chapter 4 slideshow (I'm just getting a little uneasy because we're behind schedule and then I don't know how to allot my time. I know. I'm totally a freak. any other human being would be thrilled that we don't have any work for this weekend. actually, most people haven't even read chapter 4 in the textbook yet. society rewards those who procrastinate.) going to brunch with some co-workers from the boutique. maybe I'll even go home (?! dad would be so happy).

probably the most relaxed weekend yet which is nice because midterms are (relatively) soon. very relatively. as in, in 2 weeks. however, the boyfriend and the brother are home for fall break (apparently cornell has to give its students breaks every 2 months or so. I wonder why.) so they're going to demand lots of time and affection. might as well use this time to work very, very far in advance. not like that's unusual for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment