Saturday, October 23, 2010

Lull

I've once again neglected the Mac blog, but I suppose that just means I have plenty to write about now. The past few weeks have been outrageously hectic, but now that midterms have come around, there's a lack of written assignments, which leaves me with the rare luxury of free time. I slept for 9 hours last night!

My poetry professor wasn't lying when she said she assigns a lot of work. In the past 3 weeks, I've written 3 poems and have done 2 or 3 "log" assignments, which involve reading and responding to poems in one page journal entries. We're also getting around to critiquing each other's poems and recitations (I recited "somewhere i have never travelled, gladly beyond" by e.e. cummings and "Der König in Thule" by Goethe). Although now, having a lot to hand in means the professor is behind on grading, so there's a current lack of assigned work for that class besides revisions.

My reading load has been heavy as well; a German kids book called "Taco und Kaninchen," which I'm glad to have finished because it was pretty idiotic. We finished discussing "Their Eyes Were Watching God" a couple of weeks ago, and I got an A+ on the paper I wrote about Zora Neale Hurston's use of animalism in the book (!), and next week we'll be finishing up our discussion of "Invisible Man," and will be starting Richard Wright's "Eight Men."

Aside from this, I have a German Radio Plays midterm on Monday and had my Econ midterm on Thursday, which I think I did pretty well on considering I'm terrible at math. Things are Norton are steadily busy - reading, evaluating, declining, mailing. I get to go to the sales conference next month and see what that's all about, and I've actually made it my ambition to become a freelance copywriter or proofreader. NYU has a certificate program that's really cheap and would qualify me for either, as well as giving me a leg up in the publishing industry by way of formal training.

In all, things are great. Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone!

-Katharine

No comments:

Post a Comment