Friday, October 15, 2010

gloomy friday afternoons

being the chubby kid (at heart) that I am, I am currently surrounded by a mini-muffin wrapper, a mini-rice krispie wrapper and oreo crumbs. I love fridays, even if there isn't any sun anymore and I had to buy a pashmina on the street because it was too windy for me.

fridays are my easiest day -- I have class from 9:45-11am and then I'm donezo (tuesdays I have to go to work downtown for a few hours) so I'm free to relax before I start studying for the 2 exams (oh did I mention that one's a midterm?) that I have this week. and my boyfriend decided to hitch a ride from his friends so he'll be here from cornell this weekend too. while I'm thrilled and love seeing him, I know that a big chunk of saturday (which is usually our hang out day) is going to be spend studying. hopefully he has work too otherwise he'll be resigned to watching tv episodes while I ignore him for hours. (I swear he has spent more weekends in the city than in ithaca at this point. long distance relationships with a very committed boyfriend who happens to find rides to the city for free makes to be a very easy relationship.)

so as always, I went to the gym after class (guess all that candy made up for my sweat & lost calories) & headed to union square to meet friends for a little bit of pre-weekend shopping. didn't find anything good & the line at trader joes was too long to justify just buying dried mango so to the dorms I went and took an hour long nap (longer than I usually nap for).

I didn't write about my advisor meeting but that's pretty exciting news for this blog, so...for next semester it will be (drum role, please!):
mhc 150, psychology of human sexuality, nature of religion, english 120 art history or music history or french.
I seriously cannot decide. there are really way too many classes I want to take and just not enough time to take them all

I'm trying to set up my schedule so I won't have class on friday but I think that's unrealistic. my advisor wants me to take an honors section of english 120 but it meets on friday from 3:45 t-5pm so I'm really feeling the no on that one and I'll just take another honors section of something. I really don't want class that late on fridays. If I'm lucky I'll have 2 days a week off because that's pretty necessary for a lot of internships. it's just going to be a pain in the butt to plan but I'm excited for all the classes! it's nice that I'm going to be taking classes with friends because right now I really only have one class with them.

and now, because blogging acts as my interim activity between napping & studying, on to psych.

No comments:

Post a Comment