Friday, October 15, 2010

Ongoing busy-ness

Another busy and borderline hectic week gone by. It's getting to be outright cold in the city, windy and overcast and all. Very autumnal (I love that word). I'm just another hour or so of dog-sitting sit between me and the weekend. And the semester is half way over already! I knew this would happen - that is, that time would fly past at an absurd and uncontrollable rate - but it always takes me by surprise anyway.

My next set of midterms are looming on the horizon, with the first one in just a week. Luckily the first three - Intro to ethics next Friday, then German Radio Plays and Social Psych the following Monday - should be on the easier side, although I still want to get a lot of studying in especially for the Monday ones. Then I'll have a few days before my statistics and calculus tests. Sigh.

In the meantime I'm once again trying to figure out how to organize all my classes so that I accomplish that coveted goal, actually graduating on time with the degree I want. It should be feasible... just a bit challenging. Especially because one of the classes I need to take is literally offered only once in my last 3 semesters, and most of the others have only a couple sections or so. Add to that the fact that professors I need to talk to about classes are ignoring my emails and the fact that the psychology department is sending me around in circles, and in sum I'm really quite frustrated with Hunter at the moment.

On the other hand I do have something cool to look forward to for next year - my senior thesis. And I don't mean that sarcastically, I'm really excited about doing my thesis. For one thing the head of my lab is totally awesome, so writing a thesis under him promises to be a great learning experience. For another, it'll be really exciting to actually get down to some real productive work. I'm determined to have a kick-ass thesis, too. You can see I've already been putting a lot of thought into this... I'll pretend that daydreaming about writing one's thesis is a perfectly normal and not at all nerdy thing to do.

Time to walk this old dog I'm tending to.

-Celine

No comments:

Post a Comment