Tuesday, October 5, 2010

so much to do, so little time.

it felt like forever until I stepped back into my dorm room today. after staying up watching fast times at ridgemont high with some friends, I was all ready to get a good 7-hours of sleep. right?! wrong. instead, I got back to my room and was videochatting with my boyfriend to say goodnight when he asks me to "please please please" proofread his paper. he promised it was short (lies). because I am a terrible speed-editor (guess I would make a terrible college professor and/or high school teacher) I proceeded to eliminate yet one more hour of sleep. down to six (I'm a big fan of eight).

note: while I am complaining about six hours of sleep being an unreasonably small amount, I am aware that real college students and high school students sleep 4 hours a night. I don't know how I did that in junior year and am not excited to do it for college, even though I know it's inevitable.

so, after hauling my very tired butt out of bed this morning to polisci, I forgot my notebook. so, that was fun. I was then off to get more face wash (there aren't very many clarins stores in the city so it was off to bloomingdales I went -- just the cure for rainy days). the scary russian woman, irina, who helped me forced me not only to buy face wash (they don't even sell the industrial size bottle that I like until christmas!) to buy toner too. which I don't need but OH, IT'S ON SALE (sarcasm). but, she yelled at me about that and apparently the moisturizer I use is too heavy for my skin? I don't think I went to bloomingdales for a verbal beating, especially when my skin is clearer than it has been in months! after being accosted and attacked by irina (who gave me a card to get a facial -- I wonder how much crap she would make me buy if I took advantage of that? she's also scary. I don't want the scary lady giving me a facial she might poke my eye out.) I treated myself to surf spray because mine sucks and I don't use anything in my hair so why not try something? again, the lady at bumble & bumble tried to convince me to buy stupidly expensive cream for BEFORE I use the product that I want to calm my frizz (I don't have frizzy hair. at all.). needless to say, I booked it out of bloomingdales. from now on I'm sticking to floor 3.

had to take a video of public art for an mhc assignment so I went to (of course) the hello kitty statue on 52nd & park (so cute!) and interviewed this woman named barbara. she was a little weird but got the job done.

then it was off to work, but not until after the man at the salad place mockingly smiled at me when I didn't go through the salad creation store the right way. being condescending is not nice. do I look like I work in one of those office buildings on 50 & park?

work was boring. blah blah blah. taught the new girl some things about unpacking clothing & putting out new merchandise, joked around with old coworkers, yadda yadda yadda. I essentially get paid to do very little for three hours. work involves running breaks so I ended up on the upper west side after coming from the west village (I'm going to have to rethink this route) and finally (FINALLY!) got home at ten to five. my feet hurt.

and now it's time to do work before I see the social network with friends tonight -- it was, sadly (but obviously) sold out on friday (and who wants to be in such a cramped theater the first night it's out? vom.) so we decided to go on a tuesday night because, of course, who the hell goes to the movies on a tuesday night?

want to get ahead in work because cornell has fall break this weekend & the boyfriend comes home tomorrow (the brother comes home friday). so much to do in so little time. time to speed work!

No comments:

Post a Comment