Wednesday, October 13, 2010

a week I wish I could skip a week

not that things are going badly (aside from spilling oil on a silk shirt, which was so goddamn annoying), I'm just oddly stressed out. next week and the week after I have a lot of stuff due and a few tests to take, so that's a pain. maybe I'm upset that the boyfriend left today? he was home for a whole week! that's a big deal!

regardless, I put aside my work tonight (after completing everything that I had scheduled for myself) and went to the mark ronson & the business intl. concert at webster hall (so conveniently close to the dorms, it was amazing) and had the time of my life. if anyone doesn't yet listen to mark ronson, his new (self-titled) album is incredible. he brought in a ton of guest stars (q tip, pill (a rapper from atlanta that ronson worked with), alex greenwald (formerly of phantom planet), spank rock (who is AWESOME), nellie mckay (beautiful, amazing, ephemeral vocals) & marsha ambrosius) to do the hands-down most amazing concert I've ever seen.

ronson not only played guitar, sang, and did synth for his own stuff, but halfway through the show they wheeled out turntables and a laptop and ronson hardcore turned webster hall into a club. the floor was pounding, there was sweat all over the place, it was beautiful.

and then I went home to do work and fill out a job application for another part-time job at a boutique...just trying to turn out some stuff so I'm working a little more than 3 hours a week...

first snapshot curator's meeting tomorrow. should be very fun, I can't wait! there is a very long to do list sitting on my bed right now and the minutes are ticking down until I'll be getting not-enough-sleep-to-function. so, as soon as I hit the "publish post" button down below, I'll be on my way to getting some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment