Wednesday, October 27, 2010

one of the better busy days.

so even though I got to sleep until 10:45am this morning (god bless 12:10 classes) it was a long day. in retrospect, I have no clue how I got through high school, going to class from 8:00am-4:45pm every day (eekers)!

anthropology in the morning wasn't bad. I had to pay extra attention because I'm giving a presentation on this week's readings & lectures with a friend next monday. just my luck, the professor sped through the lecture (which involved many numbers and dates and some math. I am not a math and numbers person -- if I were, I would be taking a math and numbers class!) and, naturally, the lecture was only minimally related to the reading. lucky me.

then came the majors fair. seriously, if there's anything scary out there it isn't a weird halloween costume -- it's thinking about what I'm going to major in. yep. chances of me just having ONE major? slim to none. I'm far too indecisive and interested in many things to have one major. but, I did meet with my anthropology professor about the presentation and, after many really bad presentations, I think mine will be refreshing and just what she wants.

headed over to the met with friends for mhc seminar and saw a really awesome, kick-ass exhibit on john baldessari. it was awesome. especially interesting because it was a modern exhibit at the met. hm. anyway, I was scoping it all out and my excitement was definitely showing because my professor came over and asked if I was enjoying myself (she knew, from my love of this type of modern art, that I would say yes. that and I was practically bouncing through the exhibit.). I told her that I loved, loved, loved it and she said that I should, 1. look in becoming an art historian based on the class discussions we've had & my eportfolio posts, and; 2. look at an internship at a museum this summer or year. she even told me she would gladly write me a recommendation letter. please, I was (and still am a little bit) glowing.

then it was back to hunter for a psych research credit. and why isn't psych a lab science again? psych research credits are kind of stupid though, not going to lie. I get why we have to do them, but some of the stuff I had to answer was pretty dumb. that and I was in a dark room for like 40 minutes staring at a computer screen. lame.

scored matt & kim tickets from a friend (who couldn't use them and said I only had to pay for them if I used them) and couldn't go, I just felt too jittery and tired. I didn't even have a lot of work tonight but I was just pooped. so, I wrote another mhc review and watched the new glee (which was AWESOME in case someone hasn't seen it). tomorrow will bring anthropology, psych and another long snapshot curator's meeting, but at least those are fun and will look good if I actually try for an internship at a museum or gallery. thinking about it now, it seems like a pretty sweet deal...

No comments:

Post a Comment