Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Please let it not snow anymore!

As I am sure you have all ascertained by this point, there was a lot of snow the day after Christmas and there is still a lot of snow. I was supposed to work at the Rubin yesterday but the museum was closed as was most of NYC. I am still at home in Westchester and have had the opportunity to see many of my friends from home, which is great! The snow has forced me to hang out and most importantly, go and play in the snow like I used to when I was little. Sliding down a slide full of snow into a huge pile of snow in my 10 year old snow pants was a blast! I just hope it doesn't snow again too, too soon. I miss the hustle and bustle of the city and being able to go out and do things in Manhattan. I also miss working at the museum.

Right now, I am doing optional hours in Visitor Experience over the break and learning how to work the front desk. The computer system and protocol is much more complicated than I thought it would be but it is a really fun challenge. I enjoyed doing a mini-tour of one of the pieces in the museum with two groups of adults last week. Working with adults and children/teens is not that different but the adults did make me realize that I need to learn more information about the artwork in the collection. I am looking forward to doing some research over January!

In other news, I am still attempting to finalize travel plans and hope I will make it to Indianapolis and Florida over this January break. I just want to travel and snow is bad for traveling too!!! I am glad I am not taking a class and that I can focus on starting the Sociology club, DKMS Americas club and on volunteer work. I also hope to apply to an honor society that can help me with scholarships for grad school. GRE studying is also imminent. Well, I must go back to the city now. Enjoy the rest of this holiday season!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment