Thursday, December 2, 2010

Last stretch

Only two more weeks of school left before finals, meaning I'll be done in three weeks! This semester has been so hectic, I don't remember October or November except for a few nights out. Between classes and my internship, everything has blurred together. Advice for all other highly/overly motivated students; if you're going to take 5 classes AND do an internship, be prepared for precious little free time. I feel like my social life has collapsed.

I'm looking forward to next semester, though! Norton can't extend my internship since they're getting quite a few applications, and I took that as a sign to take it easy next semester, lest I work myself into premature hypertension. So I'm taking five classes next semester, virtually finishing my two majors, without the added pressure of a professional commitment. In other news, Hunter thinks I'm graduating next semester - I have to make sure they know I'm just a junior!

Registration went super smooth on Tuesday - that tends to happen after one finishes the MHC seminars. So I'm registered for Workshop in Fiction 2, Literary Theory (with Professor Davis for the third time!), Survey of American Literature from Origins to the Civil War (which should be fun except for Puritanical prose...yuck), German Short Stories and Novelles, and German Literature from 1945-1995. I'm excited to just be a student next semester!

Till then, it's a constant drive to the end, although my work load seems to have decreased since Thanksgiving. But I get to see the nieces tomorrow and next weekend! And the building where I work is decorated beautifully for Christmas, complete with a 10 foot tall Christmas tree. I can smell freedom, and it smells like pine needles.

-Katharine

No comments:

Post a Comment