Sunday, December 5, 2010

Home Stretch

Frankly, I can't at all believe that finals is already upon us. My first semester of freshman year has gone by with a speed unrivaled by any of my terms in high school. (It should be noted that my semesters in high school were each a month longer. Even when I had my classes at Queens College, though, it felt a bit longer - which I can attribute largely to having other high school classes that met every day, &c.)

In any case as to the length of the semester, I have two finals this term: one for First Amendment Law (which my professor has said will be open-book), and one for Expository Writing (an essay which will be written over the course of two 75-minute sessions). In addition, I have a group presentation to complete (and, frankly, begin) for MHC and papers to polish for Dreyfus Affair (the topic of which I had already presented on with flying colors on Tuesday) and Expository Writing.

But the last few weeks have not been, and the next few will not be, solely studying (though they have involved and will involve a good deal of writing and studying combined). Thursday my fellow MacBlogger, Danielle, and I went to a free Goo Goo Dolls concert (which I wasn't 100% sure was free - hence why I didn't tell you, Betsy; sorry) at the Apple Store in SoHo, which was really great (even though they stopped on about 4 occasions, because they were recording the concert live for iTunes). On Friday, I attended the first meeting with my fellow Macaulay Vloggers; it was great to hammer out the next month of themes and finally meet the people I had only known on the Internet. On Saturday, I went to the Brooklyn Museum, because it was the final Target First Saturday of the year; along with seeing the new exhibit on Norman Rockwell's use of photography (which was very comprehensive, of which I was glad) I heard a performance by Canadian musician Carole Pope (heard being the operative term, as I was in the line for bag check at the time) and saw a screening of Julie Taymor's film, Frida.

Next week, I'll be attending a performance by the Alvin Ailey dance troupe with my Arts in New York class, and the week after that (when finals will be over for me), I'll be attending the final free concert at BargeMusic for the year!

Finally, here's this week's episode of TMV:

No comments:

Post a Comment