Monday, December 20, 2010

Final final finally finished

Today right around noon I walked out of my very last final - fall 2010 is completely over! Well, for me. A lot of people are still in the last bitter days. It was rather anticlimactic; for one thing, this final was really weird and out of left field, so I have no idea how well I did, but on the other hand it was not hard, so it only took me about half an hour, of the two hours allotted. Oh well.

I celebrated my completion of finals by getting a peppermint mocha, and going to my lab for the first time since last Wednesday. There wasn't much work to be done though so I almost immediately was overcome by overwhelming sleepiness and decided to head out.

I was, however, at lab long enough for my boss to emerge a few times from his office where he was reading grad school applications complaining vehemently about how poorly the applicants wrote, them go back in only to emerge shortly later with another painful sentence to groan over. It was pretty amusing. And I now know a whole slew of things NOT to put in my grad school applications, so that's good.

Tonight was all christmas gift wrapping and enjoying the chance to sit still for the first time in four months or so, and I've already begun to check obsessively for grades to be posted. Then tomorrow night I'll head back to Hunter to collect my boyfriend as soon as his last final is over and enjoy actually getting to see him look relaxed for the first time in four months. And then it's off into the wonders of winter break....

- Celine



No comments:

Post a Comment