Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Sandy Aint so Dandy

Stuck at home for a seven (7) day weekend is one thing, but with a broken tree in the back and barely any internet,phone or  cable, its another thing.


I know I dont have it so bad, so I'm very thankful that our house and home is relatively unscathed after the storm. I hope and pray everyone at the Rockaways are alright, and readers in Manhattan and the other boroughs, Long Island and NJ and other areas are doing ok too.

I was at the dorms on Sunday around 12pm, when my parents called. Up till this point I really thought the "frankenstorm" business was just inflated newstalk. My parents wanted me to stay at the dorms because we had thought it would be safer with the thicker windows and walls. However, a few spotty announcements later over the loudspeaker, my friends and I were evacuated out. Thankfully, we left, because after seeing all those pictures of the flooded streets around Brookdale, and knowing that the Tisch medical center was flooded out, and that the Con Ed power plant in the area exploded, I'm glad I'm home.

Of course, with no subways running, how will classes ever start? And *gasp* HALLOWEEN?! Whats going to happen with the Halloween Parade in Greenwich??Christie's supposedly "postponed" the holiday- it sure will be weird to see trick-or -treaters in early November. 

Anyways, I hope everyones doing ok. Stay safe and dry!





No comments:

Post a Comment