Saturday, October 27, 2012

Persimmons, Lacrimal Fossae, and Professionally Singing Off-Key

Hey KIDZZZZ
I never know how to begin these posts. Especially my greetings, I wish they weren't so boring. "Hey kids?" "hello!" "What's up?" Laaame. Someday I'll come up with original, attention-catching greetings. For now, "Hey KIDZZZ" will do. (Even though I'm only 18 as a sophomore, so a lot of people are older than me. Even the freshman class is mostly probably older than me or my age...but they don't all have to know that. If you're a prospective student reading this (does anyone read this? They do, right?)), you're younger than me. So I can call you a kid. Digression over.)
I'm really excited about my acting project on Monday, only because my role as an aspiring actress requires me to sing loudly, expressively, and off-key. I've only spent my whole life preparing for this role while singing in the shower. Seriously, if this were a job, it was made for me. I can see it now- Amirah Yasin, Professional Off-Key Singer. Is it bad that I'm a little TOO good at the obnoxious-off-key singing? Whatever. Let's hope my acting is convincing enough.
Anatomy is still taking up all of my time, but, BUT, on the bright side, I now know the function of the mandibular fossa...and I can make a lot of cheesy jokes about bones that no one uses in regular conversation. For example, "You make me so happy that my lacrimal fossa no longer serves any purpose" or "My heart is so broken and shattered that if it could have fractured, it would have been a comminuted fracture because it shattered into a multitude of fragments." It's okay if you need to take a second to stop reading this blog because you're dying of laughter, my jokes usually elicit that reaction.
JUST KIDDING. Lacrimal fossa = passageway for tears and comminuted fracture is a type that shatters the bone into a multitude of bony fragments. So my jokes kind of make sense, but no one ever gets them. Sigh. They're usually followed by a silence during which I laugh...alone.
Anyway, other exciting updates: Persimmons are now at fruit carts! The joy this has brought into my life is comparable to the joy I get from reading good fiction books and fangirling about love triangles (who doesn't love jealous fictional characters? PS If you're a book nerd who likes Libba Bray, her new book "The Diviners" is out and it was pretty good! Hot jealous fictional characters in a love triangle included) and the joy I felt when I found out that Double Stuf oreos were $2.10 cheaper than normal at Morton Williams. Get on that, people. It's a good deal! Have a great week, y'all! Amirah out.


No comments:

Post a Comment