Friday, October 12, 2012

Hey guys!

Haven't been very active so far...my apologies! Actually, Anatomy and Physiology has taken me a bit by surprise these days, but thankfully the first lecture and lab tests are over with so I'm getting used to memorizing tissue types and now have moved onto bones..supraorbital suture, anyone?
Today I saw the Dark Knight Rises (finally!). It was so good, much different from the Avengers in it's intensity. I actually cried when Alfred left and then when I thought Batman was dead and Alfred thought so too....LOVED that Gordon used the "It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known." For some reason I've always loved that line. Unfortunately (JUST KIDDING, FORTUNATELY!) it doesn't apply really in my life so I could never legitimately say it/facebook status it (...LOL) and actually mean it with all my heart! But it definitely applied to Batman's life. That is all I have to say about that.
Also Joseph Gordon Levitt is an amazing man, and the Joker (Heath Ledger) and Robin (JGL) were in 10 Things I Hate About You. A nice fact that I'm a little too happy about...
The rest of my exciting Friday night includes watching Bridget Jones with my friends....which is something I'm incredibly excited about. What does that say about me? Actually I don't care 'cuz Bridget Jones is the best movie around town. If you haven't seen it....then I am sorry you've gone so long in life without hearing Renee Zellweger's rendition of "All By Myself" in pajamas (an inspiring song!)
I'll end this pointless entry with a nice thing that happened today: as I walked to the subway, 20 minutes late to class, I found myself desperately wishing for some iced coffee. But alas, after digging around in my tiny purse I could only come up with $1.10, but the nice coffee-bagel man told me to pay him  back on Monday!!! I definitely will, but it's just..nice that he trusted a city customer to pay him back!

Amirah

No comments:

Post a Comment