Friday, October 12, 2012

Studying, Cyclohexane chair, and General Insanity

Hello everyone!!
I've had sort of an intense week (as you can see from the title of this post).
I basically spent all of last weekend doing schoolwork. Writing a bio 200 lab report, doing reading and writing assignments, and studying for my first orgo exam. That studying continued through this week culminating with the test today.
My lab report focused on how certain environmental conditions affect the growth of bacteria. It's definitely interesting stuff, but writing the lab report takes sooo much time. oh my gosh. I tried to split it up the past I could, but it was still super tiring.
I've also been studying orgo and trying to get all of the concepts and do a bunch of practice questions. It was an intense test. I hope I did well. Organic molecules are cool, but they definitely have a mind of their own. haha. On Tuesday, my professor introduced the chair conformation of cyclohexane (which thankfully was not on today's exam, but will be part of the next one). The concepts are fascinating, but it just takes time and effort (like all things) to truly master and in order to do well on the tests, you have to really understand the molecules, almost become them in a weird way. haha.
So my week was consumed by all of this. Next week is not going to be much better. First Bio 200 exam, English essay, Seminar 3 midterm...I have to stay ahead of all of it.

Anyway, enjoy the weekend everyone. Get some work done, watch a little TV, daydream a little, and if you have time, maybe even sleep!! What a thought. But seriously, sleep is super important. ;)

S.

Quote of the week:


"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them."


~Albert Einstein


Cyclohexane in all of its glory:


1 comment:

  1. nice schedule for weekend! i do that almost every weekend :)

    for writing lab report its a part of science subjects but some students see it very daunting.

    cheers dude!

    ReplyDelete