Sunday, October 28, 2012

Opening Act

Those in my seminar already know how much I dislike that class. Late assignments, skipping part of class...This class is interesting if you are of the artsy and abstract type but the only use this class has been to me is catching up on lost sleep.

Several Thursdays back, there was a class trip to the Met Opera House to watch Carmen. I must say this has been the best thing we did as a class. This was such a wonderful experience since I've never been to an opera before. We didn't have the best seats; we had the seats that were the farthest back. However, we had the best seats for the music.

The opening act just captured my whole attention. The amazing music from the orchestra, the heart-throbbing voices of the opera singers, and the unity of the whole cast meld together so well. I fell in love with the characters immediately. If performances were most of my seminar class, I would be the most attentive student there. Luckily, we have few performances coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment