Friday, October 26, 2012

Grimm, Sandy, and Orgo Madness

Hey everyone! =)

The last few weeks have been intense, and I don't see an end to the intensity anytime soon. haha
Taking five classes is definitely tough. I have my second Orgo exam next Friday, and I really need to do beautifully on it. The subject is really quite fascinating when you understand it. When you don't, it's the most confusing and mind-boggling thing. But I will try my best to master it.
There's also a hurricane hitting next week. Hopefully, it won't be too bad. I'll probably be so wrapped up in orgo that I wouldn't even notice a tornado hitting my window. :p Sigh.
I've also spent the last week writing my bio lab report. It ended up being super long again. Another sigh. The material is incredibly interesting. It just takes a lot of time to put everything together.
Nobody said college was going to be easy.
In other news, I'm completely in love with the show "Grimm". I started watching it last year, and I was completely hooked from the first episode. It's a crime drama that is influenced by the Grimms' fairytales and other stories. Each episode is a perfect combination of fantastical elements and real life issues. The show has addressed things like genetic modification, bullying, and the difficulty of fitting in and growing up. I highly recommend it.

Have a good weekend! =)

S.

I've decided to switch things up a bit this week and feature a poem instead of just a quote:

(This poem is translated from Russian.)

Love
by Anna Akhmatova
(Written November 24, 1911)


A snake, it coils
Bewitching the heart.
Day after day, coos
A dove on the white sill.

A bright flash in frost,
Drowsy night-scented stock
Yet, sure and secret,
It’s far from peace and joy.

It knows how to weep sweetly
In the violin’s yearning prayer;
And is fearfully divined
In a stranger’s smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment