Sunday, October 28, 2012

No meat? No fish? No chicken?

For this whole week, I took up a challenge with a friend to become a vegetarian. Why? Just for the heck of proving to a vegetarian friend that we could do it.

I personally don't think it is that hard to be a vegetarian since I don't eat much meat anyways. My regular meals since college started has consisted of bars, apples, and cookies. As you can see I get plenty of nutrition.

The real question is: What does the diet of a vegetarian include? Chicken? Fish? Eggs? I thought it was just red meats but, according to the friend who challenged us, we can't eat any meats or fish or you could just chose what kind of vegetarian you are. Whaaaa??? So confusing! I've got plans to go to a sushi buffet this week so I'm just going to stick to my version of the diet thank you.

It's been two days since I started the diet and I think I'm doing pretty well so far...well better than how my friend is doing at least. I haven't had any meats, red or poultry, but I've had seafood and lots of veggies and mushrooms of course. It's only the beginning so we'll see how all this goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment