Friday, November 2, 2012

Thoughts on a Surreal Week

Hello everyone.

I hope that you are all well after this powerful storm.
Many parts of NY and NJ have been severely impacted. Watching the devastated people on television with no power, damage to their homes, or without homes at all has made me feel incredibly grateful for what I have. Last Friday, I was anticipating a week filled with frantic studying for the orgo exam that I was supposed to take today. That week never came to be. Instead, we've just all completed a week of much destruction and sadness. But people have hope. They will rebuild their lives and the wounds will heal. We are all Americans, and we have to be there for them.
As you know, CUNY decided to hold classes today, to everyone's great annoyance. But I honestly couldn't sit there and complain. There are kids who can't even go to school because they live in places that have been completely destroyed. I got up extra early to take two trains and the shuttle bus to get into Manhattan. The line was very long and the bus was crowded, but it was very organized. So it wasn't too bad.
Hopefully, next week will be a little brighter for everyone.
We will all get through this.

S.

Quote of the week:
“Love can rebuild the world, they say, so everything's possible when it comes to love.” 
― Haruki Murakami

No comments:

Post a Comment