Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Louboutins, Climate Law, and Midterms

Hello. :)

My bio lab was canceled this past Friday so I took the opportunity to go on a brief excursion to Fifth Avenue. Almost every time I walk there, I pass by Bergdorf Goodman, but I never go in and check it out. The store is huge, and I find all of expensive stuff and dozens of sales associates a bit intimidating. I feel like my humble Brooklynite self wouldn't belong. haha
But last week, I finally walked in. It was awesome. The store is celebrating their 111th anniversary this year, and when I walked in I was greeted by a beautiful Dolce & Gabbana dress. I made my way through the Hermes scarves, Chanel watches, Louboutin shoes, and Jason Wu dresses among other things. Needless to say, everything there is ridiculously expensive, but it is also just beautiful to look at. Maybe I'll actually be able to afford something there one day. :p For now, I'm satisfied with just walking with my mouth agape and trying not to freak out while touching multi-thousand dollar Louboutins and Roberto Cavalli dresses. Next stop Barney's and Saks.
Earlier that day, I had my first group meeting with my Seminar professor on our final project. My group has the task of analyzing current climate law and thinking of new proposals. I'm definitely excited about it, and I think it'll be a interesting challenge for me. Group projects are always tough, and I am in a group with all boys. An adventure. haha
This is the time in the semester, when essays have to be written and midterms have to studied for. I have one test every week for the next three weeks and also readings and papers to do. I can't complain though. I'm lucky to be able to go to college, be a part of this amazing program, and chase my dreams.

Quote of the week:

When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
~Franklin D. Roosevelt

S.


No comments:

Post a Comment