Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Other Side of NYC

There has been so much going on that I haven't had a chance to describe the other side to living in the city and this is made up mostly of weird experiences. Therefore, I am going to reminisce on all the weird things that have happened since the beginning of the semester because they are quite strange yet funny.
One of the first things that I noticed about the city is the danger of taxi cabs. The drivers are quite eager to reach their destination in a timely manner, even if means running a couple of lights. The first time, my friend and I were about to cross the street as the stoplight was on yellow and the taxi cab was a good distance away. However, the yellow light instead of telling the cab to slow down, the taxi accelerated and forced us to jump backwards. It was a good lesson to learn and the second time, I was prepared. It was late at night when I was returning to the dorms with another friend after a bio lecture. I saw the light on yellow but I peered out to see whether there were any cars. Coincidentally, there was a taxi approaching quickly, and I took a step back. My friend did not. I yanked her out of the way just as the taxi came. Afterwards we laughed at ourselves, but we both learned a valuable lesson: Watch out for those yellow taxis!

No comments:

Post a Comment