Wednesday, October 19, 2011

MediaMania

I can't believe its already Wednesday.

I spent the weekend at New York Comic Con with some friends. This was my second NY Comic Con and my fourth geek convention. I didn't dress up and I didn't speak to any of the special guests, but a good time was had by all. I left with a few books and a ton of awesome stuff to pin around my dorm room.

This weekend I also attended the first Macaulay Honors College Quidditch Team Meeting. See http://www.facebook.com/groups/214840801916215/ for information. GO INSERT_NAME_HERE!!! How could I not be anything less than totally pumped about the opportunity to get in shape and be very, very geeky at the same time.

It almost goes without saying I didn't get much sleep between the 14th and the 16th.

I have yet to recover that sleep. I stayed up rather late and woke up far too early the last two days in order to work on a paper for my Children's Literature Class. It's on Grimm's Fairy Tale "Rapunzel" and David Trinidad's poem of the same name and worth 20% of my course grade. It scares me how much there is to analyze in what seems like two short pieces of writing. I regret not starting earlier, but will hope for the best.

This afternoon in between my MHC seminar and writing this blog entry, I attended my first Department Meeting in my Major (Media Studies). It figures that I would declare a major and then a month later they would change it. Although I am grandfathered in to the 24 credit Media Studies Major, the discussion to count Media 180 and MEDP 150 and 160 for major credit actually makes me closer to completing the new 36 credit program. I am also very excited about the new program concentrations. I want to get an Emerging Media Concentration but will have to take a few classes before deciding on either the Web Production (exactly what it sounds like) or Interactive Production (robots, video games, virtual reality etc.) tracks. The page discussing the Media Major and its concentrations can be found here: http://brie.hunter.cuny.edu/?page_id=5722.

I also have to go to my Religion of Early Europe and Media and the Digital Age classes tonight from 5:35 to 8:00. I regret my decision to take so many evening classes this semester. It serves me right for deluding myself into thinking that I'd EVER get the chance to sleep in.

My life is exhausting, but its pretty darn good ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment