Thursday, October 27, 2011

Midterm Mania

It's been a shamefully long time since I posted. I'm going to blame it on midterms - since that is what most of the recent posts have been about, you guys know it's not just me!

Part of what makes midterm season so difficult is not just the tests themselves - it's the other assignments that come with them. This is the time when classes also require a midterm paper, or some part of your final paper, or perhaps both.

Last night was my 20th century German history midterm. I think it went okay, but don't hold me to that - I'll let you know in a week or so. Right afterward, however, I headed over to the Macaulay building for the 10-year anniversary celebration in honor of Bill and Linda Macaulay. I was one of the presenters - I had been asked to speak about "my first" study abroad experience ("A Decade of Firsts" was the theme for the evening. I was nervous but I've gotten pretty used to speaking about that publicly because I often talk about it at prospective student events, so it went really smoothly. My presentation is actually one of the ones that Bill Macaulay came to see, which was pretty cool. My parents got to come as well - my Mom had never even seen Macaualy, so it was nice for her to get to see our gorgeous brownstone (all prospective students should make a point to visit!).

It was a really fun evening overall. But for now, back to the midterm mania - next up, Political Philosophy on Monday morning.

ttfn

Kaitlyn
kt.ohagan@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment