Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Decade of Firsts

Last night I attended the Macaulay Decade of Firsts event celebrating the 10th anniversary of our beloved Macaulay program. A group of beautifully dressed students in the beautiful Macaulay building with 100+ beautiful guests. The attendance list included Bill Macaulay, Dean Kirschner, and the Chancellor. Now I hear about the beauty of networking, ALOT. It's always nice to know people that have connections, don't get me wrong. But as academically motivated students, I feel like we focus so much on getting to know people for their connections, than we do on actually getting to know people. Yes, it would be great to meet Bill Macaulay, but I want to know about his life, his success story, his personality. By meeting a bunch of wonderful Macaulay students coming from all different walks of CUNY, its an eyeopener to the wonders that is the Macaulay Honors program and helps you realize the validity of the program we represent. Each person I met last night had a sense of humor, a compelling intelligence and most importantly a love for life. So no, I didn't run into a future me, or made a high class career connection, but I had a really good time with some really great people.

No comments:

Post a Comment