Monday, October 10, 2011

Zen?

I think the biggest realization about Junior Year is that it really doesn't feel as different as I thought it would. By contrast, it's actually the easiest year thus far, not by workload, but because I've gotten to the point of understanding my learning style and my maximum work load.

While the sophomores are all being existential about their future and freaking out about the MCATs, LSATs, or GREs, the Juniors are by contrast are holding up pretty well. I think that's probably one of those realizations you have in the moment (or at least it seems that way for me and my friends), but stressing won't really get you anywhere. In the end, you really do just procrastinate as much as always, but as long as you get yourself together in the end and keep up with things, it's all good. Classes and MCAT prepping can be tackled at the same time, as long as you give yourself plenty of time to make up for procrastination (read: extra 3 months), and internships, study abroad, work, and a social life are still fulfilling and fun.

That's the probably the most important thing I've learned throughout college: everything is achievable as long as you always enjoy what you're doing and have your goals in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment