Monday, January 18, 2010

Winter Break

Winter break is shaping up to be pretty much what I hoped it would be. I've been working in the lab recently like I never have before, seeing my friends, my family and my girlfriend in my other time, and sleeping plenty.

I've gotten into a good rhythm in lab, doing experiment after experiment and finally moving forward. This week is going to be my attempt to combine three different fluorescent stains on one slide to see the location of a protein, an mRNA and microtubules at the same time. My boss is away on a conference, and she'll probably come back with some cool ideas and a few papers.

Today is different though, because there is a whole clan of people coming over my house. Not really, but about 4 "Salgado" (the family of both my brothers' girlfriends) are coming over and perhaps 3 other people, so its going to be a chaotic blast. One of the Salgados actually is on the big mural in the subway level of Hunter West; there is a picture on the wall of her playing tennis because apparently she was pretty good.

I hope everybody is enjoying their winter as much as I am or even a little more - I'm not picky. Still, It will be fun to go back to classes.

Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment