Monday, January 25, 2010

Adios Argentina! Te extraño!

Today, I woke up at the extremely early hour of 7 am. For some of you early birds it might be normal. However, for me, it is exceedingly early, especially during the winter break. I did not complain when my roommate woke me up because I knew I had to get ready to leave Mar del Plata via bus to travel to Buenos Aires.

I still can't believe I'm leaving Argentina in a day! It's too soon, I don't want to say goodbye! I've gotten so used to the lifestyle here, primarily the weather. Have i mentioned it's 80 something degrees here?! My body will become frozen the moment I step foot onto NY soil! I'm only kidding, or am I?

In addition to not wanting to pry myself away from the marvelous weather, I also don't have the heart to part with the prices here. Riding in a taxi here is 1/4th the price of riding one in NY. The price disparity also holds true for food and other goods. Beverages which would cost $6 in the Big Apple are $2 here. Food items that would be $20+ in the Empire State are only $5 here.

My biggest complaint about leaving this paradise is that once I get back, I wont even be able to relax at all. The day after I get back, school will start up again, and I will be stuck in an unending cycle of work. Don't get me wrong, the work will be enjoyable, because I am taking classes that I am interested in. But, it's always hard to get back into the vicious cycle of school. So now, all I have left to do is mentally prepare myself for it. I'm sure that won't be too hard, now will it?

No comments:

Post a Comment