Thursday, January 28, 2010

First of last

Today was the first day of the last semester of the rest of my life. Well, unless you count, you know, the other semesters I'm going to have. Like, at law school and all that. Unless I end up at one of those weird places that does trimesters. Whatever. Point being, I just finished the first day of my last semester at Hunter.

I ended up taking that practice LSAT yesterday morning, not Monday. Turned out it's only 4 sections, so I actually could have squeezed it in another day. I got a 165, according to the little chart in the book, which isn't bad. Need to speed up on the logic games--I answered all the questions right, when I got to them, but only got through 14/24. So yeah. Everything else, I got on average 18/22 right, but I had about 10 minutes left over at the end of each section, so I can afford to take more time on that. This is really putting me back in SAT-studying mood, fixating on the scores and whatnot... and if the SAT is any indication, by the time I'm midway through law school I won't even remember what my score was.

But enough of test angst. Today was a good day. I have one class: Polsc 219, Women and the Law (which I kept thinking was Constitutional Law, for the longest time... I got very confused putting my schedule together last semester). Professor's great, readings so far are light. We're just starting with pretty basic stuff--lovely outlines and summaries about the differences between trial courts and appellate courts, the evolution of separate-sphere gender ideology, yada yada. And we get to argue cases in class for oral presentation, moot-court-style! Yay!

...And after that, the day wrapped up with a lovely Mock Trial meeting. Well, actually, the day officially wrapped up with a lovely shopping run, when I realized I had nothing to eat but Frosted Mini-Wheats.

1 comment:

  1. re. your LSAT prep, you might find our free podcast helpful.

    www.lawschoolpodcaster.com

    ReplyDelete