Saturday, January 2, 2010

This was supposed to be the future...

...only two or three more months before it becomes second-nature to write "2010" at the top of my papers and on checks. I keep forgetting what year it is - actually, I keep forgetting what day it is. I just realized today is Saturday - this, my friends, is why Winter Break is fabulous. This is my first semester off since I started college and the amount of free time is quite nice. I've knitted a whole sweater!

On the downside (or maybe upside...depends), I've started to get emails from next semester's professors about books. My Sexuality and American Culture class looks awesome; only one textbook, plus Toni Morrison, Nathaniel Hawthorne, and a few other decent reads. It's a Macaulay course, so I know it'll be stimulating at least. Also, a lovely email from Sylvia Tomasch about reading The Power Broker next semester. Much less thrilling...

Grades are almost all in and I'm pretty satisfied so far. I'm only waiting on one more - it's freaking aggravating. I'm making cookies to stave off my irritation =) (BDSE, be prepared for cookies when I return!)

I hope everyone is enjoying these first few days of 2010, before our resolutions fall through and our apathy sets in about still not having jetpacks or pill-form dinners.

No comments:

Post a Comment