Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Free Time

It's so wonderful to have this huge long break. Sure, after a point all the days mesh together, and there really is absolutely nothing left to do. But it is such a beautiful thing to go out, to the mall or the movies and NOT deal with the hordes of loud junior-high and high-school kids on the subways or the streets. Beautiful.
Today, for example. After a meeting with a teacher, I can so go down to 34th Street, to that huge Forever 21 store and shop in just 30 minutes because there won't be clothes everywhere due to the rude and crazy students that shop there. And then, I can take the not-crowded subway back to Queens to tutor my little 5th graders, and then be home. All without chaos.
On the other hand, I really am running out of things to do. But I don't worry about that. Starting February, I'll be plenty busy when classes start again. So for now, I'm just going to sit back and enjoy my free time.

No comments:

Post a Comment