Monday, March 21, 2011

Lights, Camera, Action

Although I have three papers positioned rather close to one another on the horizon and I didn't neglect the books worth of reading I have to do to stay on track with my classes so I can write, I feel that this weekend was more hedonistic than most.

This might have been because it (and a good part of the week before it) was spent with my boyfriend. It's hard enough for me to be apart from my relatives while at college, but at this moment I couldn't be more content with my choice to stay with my high school love. I tried to give Richard as much of the New York flavor as I could. It may have seemed rather Irish in parts. I enjoyed celebrating Pi day as without taking a math course and I enjoyed celebrating St. Patricks Day as a non-Catholic, who is considers herself much more American than Irish. I did casually mention Purim in conversation and discussed it within Hillel, but bypassed the Shabbat Dinner/Purim Party held at the Brookdale Cafeteria in favor of a more private evening with my boyfriend.

After my sweetheart left, I continued to keep myself busy though the production of a movie for the Hunter College Campus Movie Fest. Campus Movie Fest is a program through which students are given equipment and help to produce a short 5 minute film. Thanks to the Honors College, my friend Daniel and I are already familiar with HD cameras and MacBook Computers, but it was still a nice learning experience and I had a lot of fun.

You can watch our movie at http://campusmoviefest.com/movies/8442-laundry-night and, if we're picked as a finalists, at the School Finale Event on April 8th.

No comments:

Post a Comment