Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Lunch in Central Park

I'm still amazed at what the city can offer. It was a little cold today, but at least it wasn't raining! So I decided to grab some lunch and bring it with me to Central Park. Walking into the park, I couldn't hear the noise of oncoming traffic anymore and was just surrounded by the calmness of nature. Although the grass was wet from yesterday's rain and the trees were bare, it was the perfect kind of weather to take a brisk walk.

I navigated my way up the hills and around the bends to this long walkway that led to the bandshell. The bandshell already had people sitting there so I ventured a bit further into the park. I could catch a faint melody playing on the violin and decided to follow the sound. It led me to a tunnel under a bridge. There were two musicians playing there and of course, there was an open violin case on the ground beside them littered with money. The classical tune sounded great but I didn't want to just sit there and watch them play, so I made my way to the fountain (which was dry, by the way) and decided to sit there and enjoy my lunch.

It was a good location considering the activities that were going on there. There were two couples having their wedding photos taken. It was funny to see the brides prattle around, and put on and take off their coats between takes. The grooms appeared stiff and did not seem to know how to behave in front of a camera. There were also other couples and families enjoying the park there. My favorite thing was having the sun shine on me and just taking everything in. I can't wait to eat at the park more once the weather gets nicer!

No comments:

Post a Comment