Sunday, March 13, 2011

I'm back

After a month without posting, I'm squeezing this entry in between American Literature and German homework. Sorry for my silence! It's with cause, I swear. I'm currently reading a novel and a novella in German for class - Storm's Immensee and Andersch's Sansibar, oder der letzte Grund, plus various readings for American Literature (a chapter in a New Historicism textbook this week), plus 2 or more philosophical texts every week for Lit Theory (It's Nietzche and Heidegger his weekend; yikes). I also have a new poem due every week, culminating in a midterm portfolio due next Tuesday. I'm also copyediting some work for the Macaulay Academic Journal.

So yeah, even after giving myself a less-crammed schedule this semester, I'm still feeling super busy. Part of it is that I'm finally taking all major classes, and advanced ones at that, so the level of work expected is quite high. I don't have any coasting classes this semester, which is rewarding, but rather stressful when Daylight Savings pushes everything an hour forward and you have just as much homework as you did before we jumped into the future.

I've also been reading up on women's rights issues in this country, of which there are for more than anyone would like to believe. That deserves an entire blog post. But at least Planned Parenthood gets to keep its funding, for now anyway. It's just terrifying to see some social legislation being proposed that would set American women back decades. Na ja...

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend! Beware the Ides of March, and Happy St. Patrick's Day!

- Katharine

No comments:

Post a Comment