Thursday, March 24, 2011

I'm a bright neon highlighter

I hope my totally random title there reeled in a few readers. Today, I was indeed a bright yellow neon highlighter, along with others, wearing our bright yellow neon shirts ( mine was a large, so i was engulfed by all the yellow) welcoming in new and prospective Macaulay students. A lot hasn't changed in the last two yeas since I've been here ( tons of city kids coming into Macaulay- I even saw some Bronx Science alum, what what), and a lot has changed ( they're only guaranteed 2 years of housing).Even though it was only an hour talking to our new and future Macaulayites ( what do we even call ourselves? Macaulayees, Macaulayans, ?), I met a few great and interesting individuals, and I can't wait when the class of 2015 becomes a part of the Macaulay fabric.

I'm still sort of unsure as to what to do over the summer. I already have half of it planned out- I'm going to finish up all of my GERs ( finally!) with an Asian Americans class, and Classics 101. I'm pretty excited for the Classics Class ( not because I have to be at Hunter at 8am, but more because I love classics), and am hopeful that the Asians class will be and exciting and eye-opening course. But other than taking classes during the first session, while also interning at the research lab I currently intern at during the same session, I don't know how the rest of my summer will shape up to be. Maybe another internship, a volunteering stint, definitely some volleyball, and of course a week or 2 away from it all, with my family on a mini vacation. I hope my expectations and hopes turn into fruitful realities, but not into a huge pile of responsibilites that I won't be able to take care of and enjoy fully.

No comments:

Post a Comment