Thursday, March 14, 2013

Breaking News: Looking hideous may be associated with an increase in running into cute guys!

My desk is currently cluttered with the following items: a small mango, a container of some sad carrots, an empty yogurt container (vanilla with almonds! so good), and some frozen pizza. Clockwork Prince is next to me (the third one is coming out next week. I don't think I can read it. Too much pain and heartbreak). I also have some lab materials for my test today, but let us not talk about that. There are also some empty water bottles, and some pens. And a bag of chocolate chips.

I am listening to pandora (LOTR soundtrack playing right now, in case you were dying of curiosity), and I figured out a vague plan for my sustainability project for MHC class. I also went to Luu's Baguette (a vietnamese sandwich shop) on 26th and 3rd (or lex. might be lex). It was hands down the best food I've had in the city. It's a small place, but we had the tofu banh mi sandwich for about $6 and it was delicious. I'm not normally a raving food reviewer, but I loved the place. My best friend and I ended up staying for about 2 hours and had a...good and greatly-needed conversation. Who knew?

One of the things I've really got to improve this year is my attitude towards jobs. I love jobs. I get them a lot. That sounds funny, but I actually am always finding cool jobs - like Pinkberry, reading the paper to an elderly couple/getting their mail, tutoring, you name it!  I'm just so bad at keeping them (as in, I take them, and then don't like having them). I prioritize everything else? Maybe I should really just stick with school and nothing else, but the idea of working a bit and making some money is too enticing.
I went to Dr. Harwood's "Bluegrass & Brownies" event yesterday! I only stayed for a short while, but it was really cute. I think everyone enjoyed the fact that our director plays an awesome mandolin. It was by West 4th, so I'm glad I went because I rarely leave our 23rd street area. I'm trying to explore other places in NYC - West Village, East Village, more of the upper west side, while simultaneously stalking celebs that live there (why does everyone but me run into Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield? Why?)

Side notes of the week: I love the Braveheart and Last of the Mohicans and Schindler's List soundtracks! Other side note of the week: I've noticed that I need to de-bummify. That's not a word, but it needs to happen. I'm not saying I'm a hideous dresser all the time, it's just that I've noticed that I never ever see cute guys except for on the days where my hair resembles a bird's nest/I'm wearing my crooked 7th grade glasses/I'm wearing baggy attire that could fit several small animals underneath. And then I'll end up seeing them for more than .02 seconds and they end up next to me on the subway, in lines, next to me in class. WHY!? The days where I look relatively un-terrible, I never see anyone.
1. Why do cute boys show up at such inopportune times in my life? 2. Why do I allow myself to go out into society looking so bedraggled? 3.The idea that they will fall in love with me anyway because they see my inner personality and find me and my terrible clothing hilarious or cute in a good way is proving to be....completely untrue.
Sob (just kidding. My interactions with cute guys when I look terrible are pretty hilarious and embarrassing, but they're entertaining to me. Why do I get a kick out of these things...). Anyway midterms next week....! But then it's spring break and I will be free to watch so many movies finally!
Good luck everyone!

Amirah






1 comment:

  1. Ohhmygosh this is just so true I had to comment!! You just described my interactions with guys…the days I put in any effort, they don't exist.

    ReplyDelete