Sunday, March 3, 2013

Mako & Mycelia

Hey everyone!

Haven't blogged in a while. In honor of that, I'm changing the font of this post! (Just kidding. I didn't like the other fonts).

School is really flying by. I feel like I barely remember Fall semester, and there's only a few more months of Spring semester. The opp fund deadline is already upon us (or past, actually), it's becoming vaguely spring-like (though with our confusing weather gods these days I can't say that too surely), and it's almost midterm time!
Microbiology's been kind of cool this semester. I wrote a poem about fungi, and when I read the textbook I entertain myself by coming up with interesting-sounding names for my children. Mycelia is not bad. It's "My" and "Celia" put together! And Celia is an acceptable name. I've been combining weird bacterium names and switching around the letters and whatnot to come up with different names. If I happen to be feeling really weird and risk-taking on the day I name any potential children, I feel sorry for them already. But it would be awesome to have a really...interesting name that your mom made up.
Or not.
I've found endocrinology to be an appealing subject to me, because endocrines really..control everything! I'm really eloquent and deep in this blog with my sentences, I know. Or, neuroendocrinology is pretty interesting to me. Glad that I like it rather than cry over the amount of hormone abbreviations I need to learn.
I've become terrible about my classes and keep skipping them. I usually have good reasons to (tests, oh the class isn't important/they won't miss me in a class of 600) but I'm sure I'll pay for this soon...X_X
I'm at home watching Korra (!!!!!!!!!!!) with my siblings right now. I finally finished watching Avatar (I know. Not sure what I was doing with my middle school years when I could have been watching that show). Makko looks appropriately angsty and perfect and sarcastic and sacrificing and whatnot thus far. And he's wearing a scarf.
This semester I've also been trying to increase productivity and try to keep up with fitness. So far I've been trying to cook more often and get in some exercise each day. Because of it I've been sleeping early/rising early! I only hope I keep it up- I kind of enjoy not feeling tired and waking up super late all the time.
Hope everyone's enjoying the semester!

Amirah





No comments:

Post a Comment