Saturday, March 2, 2013

Summer plans already!

Hey everyone,

I promised a more organized post last time, and that is what I will attempt to do!

Since I've been so busy lately (and it looks like I'm only going to get busier..), I decided I should dedicate some time to fitness.  I've noticed that health is one of the first things (usually right before social life!) to go once you get busy, so I'm trying to stay on top of it.  I'm trying to make sure I eat healthily, and I want to stay fit as well.  My original goal was to run a 5K at the end of the semester, but I'm not sure I have the time to work up to it.  I never run, so I'd need to train a lot.  Instead, I decided to start Yoga.  Hunter offers it, as well as Pilates, Kickboxing, and Zumba, for free as a Group Fitness Class.  They only have one time that fits in my schedule, so I've decided that that's going to be my weekly fitness class.  I thought I could just do it for a while, and then move on to something more intense, but it was wayyy more difficult than I thought!  So I'll be probably be doing this for a while!

So part of the reason I've been so busy this week is because of Opportunities Fund applications.  I originally was trying to complete a few, so I would have options, but that wasn't going so well, so I ended up only submitting one.  Because of the Fund deadlines, and because of the general internship and Study Abroad Program applications, I already need to think of possible summer plans.  While it is nice to daydream about summertime while it's so gloomy out, that really doesn't help me!  Hopefully, this summer I will either Study Abroad for four weeks, or have an internship in a Museum.  I'm so happy to have the Opportunities Fund to give me the chance to take advantage of Study Abroad programs or internships--I really wouldn't have been able to think about these things otherwise.  But I will be pretty happy once the paperwork is all finished!

In the meantime, I need to get back to work.  And I stuck to just two topics this time =]

Hope you're enjoying your weekend!  Just three weeks until break! (yes, I have begun a countdown!)

G.

No comments:

Post a Comment