Thursday, March 14, 2013

March Madness!

Hey everyone,

Nope, this post is not going to be about basketball, sorry for the misleading title!  It's just about how crazy March has been--not inherently of course (well, the weather definitely has been), but all of the stuff that's going on has made it so.

I recently began an internship with the Development Team at Macaulay Honors College!  Going into this semester, I definitely did not expect to get an internship.  I decided to start a part-time job or focus on volunteer work instead, in order to fulfill my required 30 hours, to get more involved with the Macaulay community, and to build up some recent experiences.  But when the opportunity to have an internship came up, I decided to go for it, and I'm glad I did!  I'm really enjoying it so far, and I'm thrilled to begin exploring possible career paths.

I also volunteered this week at the @Macaulay Author Series, featuring Dean Ann Kirschner's new book, Lady at the OK Coral: The True Story of Josephine Marcus Earp.  I hadn't been to any of the @Macaulay Author Series events before this semester, but I found them to be really enjoyable.  It's pretty cool to meet the author of an interesting book, and to hear, in their own words, how and why they created the story.

I've also been applying for Opportunities Funds, so that I might be able to Study Abroad, and I'll be applying for internships (I should be doing that now!) over the week.  This week I'll also be taking the Goethe-Zertifikat, an exam that correlates with an international measure of German proficiency--I'm so nervous!  I'm also trying to keep up with my fitness plans, which include yoga class (advice: if you start, don't skip a class! I did, and when I went back, I felt like a beginner all over again =/), and walking more often as the weather gets nicer.

Sorry I don't have more interesting stories this time; I've just been so focused on staying on top of my work until break!  Right now, I have to get back to watching Don Giovanni for my Timeless Don Juan class (that I went to the opera for in December!).  I honestly forgot how compelling the music is!  I don't really enjoy operatic music, but I recommend Don Giovanni for anyone who hasn't seen an opera and/or isn't sure if they'll like opera.  I promise you'll enjoy it!  And I get to watch it for class =]

In the meantime, enjoy your weekend!

G.

No comments:

Post a Comment