Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Yoga, Bluesgrass, and Henry IV

Hi everyone!

So last night I went to this really great yoga class, got all my stress out. One of the poses was particularly good for me, especially since I've been having some stomach issues lately due to stress. It's called the moon salutation, or Chandra Namaskar. If you're familiar with yoga, you'll know about the sun salutation, since it's one of the more common poses. However the moon salutation is a little less common. Most yoga was designed for the male body, however the moon salutation is primarily attuned to the female body. It's the counterbalance to the sun salutation, the more feminine side of our energy to the sun's masculine side. If you're interested in trying it out, here's the diagram on how to do it. Those leg lunges really stretch out the hamstrings and some muscles I didn't know I had. Danielle and I screamed about it all the way home.



Today has been pretty interesting. I had class in the morning, but I have a 3 hour break between my Astronomy lab and my English class. I usually spend this time doing some homework in the library or watching some TV online in one of the lounges. Today, I decided to meet my friend Danielle down in Chinatown for some Chinese food (bok choy and steamed veggie dumplings) and mango ice cream. We walked around a bit and sat at the City Hall park in the sun. It was a pretty nice interlude to my classes, so I might try to get out a little more during this time from now on.

Tonight Danielle, Stacey, and I are going to get dumplings on the 6th floor (each floor at the dorm has their own event) then we're going to this special Macaulay event in the West Village. Our director plays the mandolin and is going to have a little music event. All Macaulay students get in free and we get brownies/dessert, too!

Finally, I'm going to a production of Henry IV that's being performed by the Pearl Theater this Friday. I originally saw previews of this last week when I went to a Shakespeare Society event about the character of Falstaff, right here at the Kaye Playhouse in Hunter. I'm meeting my dad and going out to dinner then to the play. Meeting my dad for dinner is the best, since I get a free dinner out of it! (Oh, and I get to see my dad, who I love. Of course.) So I'm excited for that.

Otherwise, I'm just trying to get through the next week and a half until Spring Break! I have two midterms on the same day, my last day of class, but I'll get through it somehow. I'm rewarding myself for all my hard work with episodes of Shameless US and naps and food. I'm almost done with the second season. I already had one midterm (English in-class essay), so I'm just one step closer to this much-needed break.

Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment