Wednesday, March 6, 2013

I'm going somewhere cool for Spring Break!

So I should really wait for this trip to happen for me to tell you guys about it.
BUT I CANNOT WAIT.  I AM FAR TOO EXCITED.

On the 25th and 26th of March, I am going down to Washington D.C.
I am going to Washington D.C. to see the  Supreme Court.
The argument for that day is Hollingsworth v. Perry.
That case is more commonly know as the Prop 8 Case - defining the legality of gay marriage in California.

GUYS I AM GOING TO LISTEN TO HISTORY BEING MADE. I AM GOING TO SIT THROUGH THE ARGUMENTS THAT ARE GOING TO BE PRESENTED. I'm obscenely excited.

Hunter's Pre-Law society planned this trip, and I was lucky enough to get a spot on it.
Also, we're going to be in town for the Cherry Blossom Festival - which means that I will have so many pretty pictures for you guys!!!

The only down side is that if we have to, we're going to get on line for the arguments the day before. Apparently, there are two ways to visit the Supreme Court during an argument. You can go visit and see the inside for ten minutes, or you can sit for the entire time to hear it. Obviously, we want to sit the full time and hear the arguments - at least until lunch. But quite frankly, if it's one sleepless night to watch history get made, then I'll take it.

So I'll update you all when I actually go and see history, or maybe before that, if something interesting happens. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment