Wednesday, March 20, 2013

What To Do When You Aren't Feeling 100%?

So, this past weekend I somehow fell under the weather. It's obviously not great timing on my part as this week is Midterms Week and I have a lot of things that I have to do; in addition, when you do get sick and you're away from your parents, it's definitely more stressful. I'm pretty sure I only have a cold, exacerbated by the fact that I have asthma and if I get sick it often goes to my lungs. But there are things that you can do to feel a little bit better, even when you're sick. Obviously sleep helps a lot, so I have been taking frequent naps and resting a lot. I've been drinking a lot of fluids: warm, lemon-honey water or lemon tea with honey in it are great! Tap water is just as good too. Because this is a work-heavy week, I do have to think about what things I have the energy for and what I don't. I had two midterms yesterday, so I attended the classes for those because my professors would not have allowed me to take them on another day, but I chose to rest during my other class because I knew I would not get anything out of going to it. Of course you should not be skipping classes, and I don't unless I'm not feeling well. Living in the dorms, food is something you have to think about. Luckily I have some great friends who have cooked dinner for me since I'm not really up to standing around in a hot kitchen, and I did see my parents on Monday who bought me lunch. Chicken noodle soup does do a world of difference!

Now, I'm just hoping that I get better before this weekend because I'm going to Disney for spring break! I also need to be able to focus to finish my Political Science paper, and focusing while I'm sick is really difficult for me. So I wish everyone the best of luck for their midterms and papers, and hope that nobody else is sick. (And if you are, eat some chicken noodle soup!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment